Guidelines & Approval
Invest in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu is one of the most developed states in the country. Literacy level in the state is one of the highest among all Indian states. The state is witnessing rapid industrialization with overall economic development and has grown as a manufacturing powerhouse in the country.
The state's capital city, Chennai is called the 'Detroit of India'. Its advantageous position can be expressed in the following terms:
- Fastest growing State Economy in India
- One of the top three recipients of Foreign Direct Investment(FDI)
- Matured manufacturing sector
- Fast emerging as the IT happening destination
- Pro-active and investor friendly Government with transparent decision-making approach
- Ranks No.1 in availability of skilled manpower in India
- Most sought after destination by MNCs
- Excels in terms of human resource, infrastructure and labour relations
- Low cost of man power
Given this, the Government of Tamil Nadu has undertaken several policy measures and incentives in order to encourage inflow of investment into the various sectors of its economy.
Please find below links for Foreign Direct Investments Policy in India & guidelines to Industrial Investments, Tamil Nadu in specific.
India - FDI Policy 2014
Tamil Nadu Industrial Policy 2014
Tamil Nadu Industrial Guidance Bureau
Single Window Approval Facilitation
Forms & Applications